IT Asset Management Specialist
Analytical and detail-oriented professional with extensive experience in IT Asset Management (ITAM), including software, hardware and contract management. Well-versed in best practices in ITAM (via IAITAM) and IT Service Management (via ITIL) and full ITAM Lifecycle, especially procurement management. Skilled in documenting and managing IT business processes related to hardware and software asset & licensing management. Ability to manage multitask, prioritize, and complete diverse projects within timelines, budgets, and quality standards. Adept at streamlining and improving processes to save time, effort, and costs.
Business Data Analysis / Procurement Management / IT Asset Management / Software Licensing/ Process Documentation/ Budget forecasting / Vendor Relations & Management /Packaging, Shipping, & Receiving /Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
Symantec Altiris, MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint, Visio, HP uCMDB, Oracle iProcurement & Receiving Modules, HTML/XML, IAITAM, SQL (AssetFrame and WiseTrack), LANDesk, DameWare, Adobe Photoshop, IBM ILMT, Aspera SmartTrack
Kaiser-Permanente (via Q Analysts LLC), Pleasanton, CA 2016 to 2017
Business Data Analyst
Extracted, transformed and loaded software discovery data from multiple sources into the software asset management Tool. Developed and maintained customized reports, dashboards, business analytic tools to support decision-making and implementation. Identified and analyzed key technical and business requirements to generate and evaluate alternative solutions and process improvements.
- Effectively documented over 30 Software Asset Management (SAM) processes and suggested improvements.
- Enhanced identification of large number of software products for SAM tool and software license compliance.
DirecTV (via 120 Venture Construction), Greater Los Angeles Area, CA 2013 to 2015
IT Asset Management Analyst
Provided technical and managerial oversight in tracking IT software assets including thousands of unique applications with focus on Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe and IBM (ILMT) as well as IT hardware assets including desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, servers, and networking gear. Leveraged Symantec EndPoint Management powered by Altiris to monitor IT Hardware and Software. Liaised with vendors for maintenance contracts, and subscriptions and resolved issues. Provided advice on future purchases and order processing. Controlled inventory and maintained accurate records including purchasing, pricing and cost data on all assets.
- Orchestrated savings of over million dollars by optimizing Microsoft, Oracle and Symantec software licenses.
- Enabled effective transfer of knowledge and reduction of training costs to employees by documenting over 40 processes.
- Identified and eliminated retired hardware from maintenance contracts to achieve huge cost savings.
- Successfully controlled internal and external audits and eliminated potential losses arising from over usage or under usage of software licenses.
NBC Universal (via IGATE and Kforce), Greater Los Angeles Area, CA 2010 to 2011
IT Asset Management Analyst
Compiled & analyzed usage and entitlements for more than 30% of distributed software within NBC Universal. Evaluated user requirements to recommend best potential software asset management tool. Managed and resolved software compliancy issues. Documented business use cases and best practices.
- Reduced huge audit risks for organization by validating software compliances for software titles.
- Ensured appropriate evaluation and selection of sophisticated SAM tool by documenting over 20 ITAM Business Use Cases.
Electronic Arts, Greater Los Angeles Area, CA 2002 to 2010
IT Asset Manager & IT Procurement Manger
Led the creation and establishment of asset management and procurement systems to direct over 600 employees and numerous assets. Controlled asset inflow, eliminated unnecessary purchases and facilitated forecasting and budgeting.
- Saved over $140K by eliminating redundancies and creating first in first out inventory controls.
- Spearheaded implementation of SQL-based Database applications, namely AssetFrame, 2002 and WiseTrack, 2007.
- Facilitated smooth transition to Oracle iProcurement in 2010.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science in Biology & History
University of California, Los Angeles
ITIL Expert, Intermediate ST, SO CSI and MALC (Expected: Jan 2018), AXELOS
ITIL 2011 Foundation, ITIL 2011 Intermediate SS and SD, AXELOS
Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM), IAITAM
Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP), IAITAM